At the end of the year we were absorbed by very enjoyable manual work. We were creating yet another series of containers for our esteemed client, ZOVOS – EKO s.r.o.. With the help of 3D printing, we were able to create the miniatures in much shorter time than it would take the standard production method.
It is always a great joy to see something grow under your own hands. We enjoyed each and every step of the way.
STEPS OF PRODUCTION
1. Acording to the colour requirements, the digital 3D model was divided into smaller parts and printed in monochrome sandstone. The most detailed parts as ladders and door handles were printed in photopolymer resin.
2. The sandstone printed parts were finalised with epoxy to become solid and durable.
3. The parts were then cemented and sanded for smooth finish.
4. Each part was sprayed separately with a coloured acrylic spray.
5. The model was assembled, fixed and glued to its final form. The removable parts were fixed by magnets.
6. The finest details of the model were painted with a thin brush.
7. The finished container was put into a custom-made plywood box.